If you like travel and are intrigued by the idea of helping others explore the beauty, culture and cuisine of the world around them, you will want to check out the Hospitality and Tourism Career Cluster.
This cluster introduces students to management, marketing and operation of restaurants and other food services, lodging, attractions, recreation and travel services.
This career cluster is organized into four career pathways:
- Recreation, amusement and attractions
- Restaurants and food and beverage services
- Travel and tourism
Students in agriculture, food and natural resources learn and practice skills that prepare them for diverse post-high school education and training opportunities, from apprenticeships and two-year college programs to four-year college and graduate programs.
CTE classes in this cluster will introduce you to a variety of interesting careers including:
- Restaurant, food service, lounge, casino, coffee shop, or catering owner, operator or manager
- Hotel, motel, resort, or bed and breakfast owner, operator or manager
- Tour company owner, operator or manager
- Meeting and convention planner
- Interpreter or translator
- Tourism and travel services marketing manager