Interested in medicine or health science? This course is for you! You’ll learn every aspect of being a nursing assistant.
Focus on basic skills, such as:
- Vital signs
- Medical terminology
- Patient communication
- Treatment of common diseases
- Intern with personnel in local health facilities
In addition, you will learn about the following:
- Professional standards and regulations
- First aid and CPR
- Infection control
- HIV/AIDS training
- Nursing assistant duties including personal care
- Measuring and recording data
At the end of the first semester you will be prepared to intern with health care professionals. In second semester, you may intern in skilled nursing facilities and may even be eligible for a paid Nursing Assistant position. You will finish the program with over 50 hours of direct patient care experience.
Who do I talk to with questions?
Instructor: Michele Perisho, 509-354-7418